neděle 11. listopadu 2012

(7) Back for good

Well, I haven't added anything for ages, but trust me I was busy trying to adapt back to Czech culture...
And partying and meeting my friends and enjoying the summer and so on.
So what's new? I managed to get a new job and a promise of two more jobs! The first one is to
put together the syllabus of English classes for the Medical College in Prague. Their current English teacher (he is half Laosan half American, or an immigrant, has lived in the CZ for about 8 years, and he teaches at a couple of different schools so he's not very loyal - and that's what the director hates about him) refused to work on it so I got the job thanks to our family friend who teaches German and Nursing there and suggested me to the director. And when I have my Master's degree I can start teaching there as well! Cos they wanna end the current teacher's contract. So that's one big motivation to finally finish my studies and graduate.
The third job is a hazy one, but might come true sooner that I dare guess. I spent a few days trying to find a topic for my Addictology Bachelor's thesis. We can choose either from internal lecturers as tutors, or we can find an external one who must be approved by the vicedean. There was a list of topics offered by our internal lecturers, but I just couldn't decide, I didn't like any of those and I couldn't imagine who of the lecturers would be a suitable one considering their time and space accessibility and their erudition. Then I remembered that two years ago I had written a paper on Methodology about gender differences in cannabis use across Europe. I liked the lecturer, who is from the National Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addictions, and it occurred to me to send him an email about my idea. He said my topic is not a suitable one right now, but told me the NMS would start big national research on gambling next year. And asked me if I want to cooperate and write the thesis about it. And I said yes, of course, and he said that if he likes my work then I might become and external consultant later. And my heart jumped and I might work there before I say hi. Hooray!
So these are my two most important news. And I started a new blog on English resources, adding mostly short articles, exercises, videos... for students to practise and strengthen their motivation. The blog is called English Cocktail, have a look and see for yourself! You will find there something that suits you, I'm sure! The articles are tagged according to their level (A2, B1, etc.) and content (Videos, Grammar) so you can easily go through just what you need at the moment. You can also add comments or questions if something is not clear or what you would like to read next, and pass the link on to your friends! :)

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat